Benefits from Tooth-colored Porcelain Fillings
- Porcelain fillings are the most effective method for treating cavities.
- Porcelain can be easily customized to match the shade of your natural teeth so your fillings are almost undetectable.
- Dental porcelain is as strong as your real teeth with the same stain-resistant quality.
- Unlike metal fillings, there are no health concerns about porcelain leaking harmful elements into your body.
- Porcelain doesn’t expand and contract with the temperature, like metal fillings, which protects the tooth’s structural integrity.
Because cavities can occur on any tooth surface, tooth-colored fillings are very versatile and applicable in many situations. For example, decay between anterior teeth can be cleaned and restored with tooth-colored dental composite, leaving no outward sign of restoration whatsoever.
Placing tooth-colored fillings is a quick and simple process. The decayed portion of the tooth is thoroughly cleaned and prepared for the filling, followed by an application of etching gel. The etch creates microscopic grooves in the teeth which facilitate strong bonding. After the etching gel is rinsed from the tooth, the composite material is placed incrementally. During this phase, light curing is used to harden each layer of the filling, resulting in a durable, indistinguishable restoration.
Dr. Rob Harrell’s primary goal at Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne is to provide each patient with the safest and most comprehensive treatment. While composite tooth fillings certainly contribute to the aesthetics of your smile, they are also an incredibly safe and effective option, keeping your restored teeth strong and healthy without risking adverse side effects.
If you are unhappy with your smile for any reason, call or email Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne today to schedule a free, no-obligation smile consultation with Dr. Harrell. During your consultation a complimentary digital smile preview (an $85 value) will be created to show how you will look when your treatment is complete. Call us at 704-764-1388 or contact us today!