Advantage of Invisalign Clear Braces
- Crooked teeth are at much greater risk for plaque buildup and decay, so straight teeth are more important than simple aesthetics.
- With Invisalign, you can have the straight, perfect teeth you want without sacrificing your appearance. No one will even know you’re wearing braces.
- Invisalign braces are much more comfortable than metal braces. There is very little irritation to the lips, cheeks and gums.
- You can remove your Invisalign clear braces to eat, brush and floss, so they are far less intrusive.
- Invisalign braces are a snap to clean since you can brush or soak them with ease.
- Invisalign braces work much faster than traditional braces so the treatment period is significantly shorter. In many cases, less than a year is needed.
Even patients who may have had braces as children are susceptible to the drifting and misalignment of teeth. Over many decades, it is entirely possible that another round of teeth straightening may be required. These cases are the perfect fit for Invisalign treatment. No matter hold old a patient is, or how complex their straightening needs may be, Invisalign can provide a fast, effortless and aesthetically pleasing solution.
Cerec Omnicam. We begin the tooth straightening process by taking digital impressions of your teeth with the Cerec Omnicam. This camera captures full-color, 3D video of the oral cavity. As the camera moves over the teeth, a photorealistic image is displayed in full color with great clarity. The image allows us to differentiate among different materials: natural tooth, soft tissue, amalgam, gold, etc. The camera provides excellent image capture data that we use to create your teeth aligners.
Invisalign treatment consists of wearing a series of custom-made aligners that correct the teeth a little at a time. With the aid of the AcceleDent Aura, the individual aligners are only worn for approximately one week each. They can easily be removed for eating, brushing and flossing, but are worn at all other times. The aligners are uniquely crafted to gradually push the teeth in a given direction, with each new aligner building on the work of the previous, until the desired effect is achieved.
Traditionally, wearing braces meant several years of treatment, along with lip and gum irritation, food particles lodged in brackets and many other annoyances. With Invisalign, patients need not worry about any of these problems. The aligners are thin and completely safe and comfortable in the mouth. Since they are removed when eating or brushing, they are much easier to keep clean.Further, many Invisalign patients can complete their teeth straightening in a year or less.
And possibly the best part: Only you will know that you are wearing the aligners. Dr. Rob Harrell and the entire staff at Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne are passionate about helping patients achieve their perfect smile and Invisalign is one of the most effective and non-invasive ways to meet that goal. For a free, no-obligation smile consultation with Dr. Harrell, call 704-541-9888 or contact us today. During your consultation a complimentary digital smile preview (an $85 value) will be created to show how you will look when your treatment is complete.