As a native of North Carolina, I did my training at the dental school in Chapel Hill. But after dental school, there is no required residency or post-graduate program. So, I decided to join the U.S. Public Health Service as a commissioned officer and headed to New Mexico to work in a dental clinic on the Navajo reservation. I got several years worth of experience and knowledge in the short year that I was there. My wife Lisa, who is a dental hygienist, and I returned to Charlotte to start Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne in 1999. And, a few years later we started our family. Lisa and I are blessed to have 3 beautiful children who make life an incredibly busy and fun-filled ride. I hope one day to have one of my children come join me in the practice of dentistry. That’s a few years down the road, so we’ll have to wait and see.
Along the way I have taken the time to study with many or the great minds and hands in dentistry such as Dawson, Misch, Strupp, and Spears just to name a few. Continuing my education is something that is extremely important to me. I typically take 3-4 times the required amount of continuing education annually. But having performed thousands and thousands of cosmetic procedures, I have the experience to stand out from the crowd. I truly love practicing dentistry and my results speak for themselves.
I invite you to come in, sit down, share your problems, and have a chat about how we can help you. Then decide for yourself if I am the right dentist for you.
Qualifications & Interests
- BA: Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- DDS: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Dentistry, 1996
- Commissioned Lieutenant: US Public Health Service, 1996-1997
- Member: American Dental Association, North Carolina Dental Society, Charlotte Dental Society, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Advanced Training: Advanced Prosthetic Reconstruction, Cosmetic Smile Design, Porcelain Veneers, Dental Implant Surgery and Prosthetics
- Licensure: North Carolina and South Carolina
- Hobbies and Interests: My family, travel, photography