Teeth Cleaning: Keeps Your Smile Beautiful
Benefits of Routine Cleanings
- Routine cleanings are critical for maintaining good oral health.
- Regular cleanings are critical to keep plaque and tartar deposits from accumulating on the teeth.
- Regular cleaning appointments make it easier to identify potential trouble spots before they become painful or require treatment.
- Ultrasonic scalers painlessly clear deposits from the teeth using undetectable ultrasonic vibrations.
- After a thorough cleaning, the teeth are healthier, look better and feel great as well.
How to Clean Your Teeth at Home
There are several daily activities which can make your teeth cleanings much easier and more effective. First and foremost, everyone knows that brushing at least twice daily is imperative. Believe it or not, there is a right and wrong way to brush your teeth. Use a gentle, back and forth motion on each tooth, and be sure to cover each surface as well as the gum line. Take care not to brush too hard, as this can cause damage to your gums. Always use soft-bristled toothbrushes, which are the best for maintaining gum health and the strength of enamel. Flossing is another cleaning procedure which should be done as frequently as possible between teeth cleanings. Flossing helps remove plaque from places that toothbrushes cannot reach, such as between the teeth and just under the gums. Accumulation of plaque in these areas is the primary culprit behind the development of gingivitis and periodontal disease. At Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne, teeth cleaning is one of our most important procedures. The process not only keeps your teeth clean and healthy, it is an opportunity for you to discuss with Dr. Harrell any dental problems you may be experiencing. Doing so will give him the chance to identify any potential problems and correct them before they become significant. Call or email Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne today to schedule a teeth cleaning. If you are considering cosmetic work, contact us about a free, no-obligation smile consultation with Dr. Harrell. During your consultation a complimentary digital smile preview (an $85 value) will be created to show how you will look when your treatment is complete.