Benefits of Single Dental Implants
Single dental implants offer a number of advantages over traditional tooth replacement methods.
- Dental implants are permanent. Unlike dentures, which may loose-fitting in the mouth, single dental implants are a permanent solution for replacing missing teeth.
- Improved Function. Because they are immobile, single dental implants are much sturdier than dentures and bridges. This makes for much more natural eating, chewing, and speaking function.
- Strength. The permanency of single dental implants also makes them the strongest tooth replacement available today. With implants, you can once again enjoy all of your favorite foods with no thought as to how well your teeth can handle them. Biting into whole apples or corn on the cob is no problem with dental implants.
- Prevention of Bone Loss. When teeth are missing in the mouth, the underlying bone has a natural tendency to diminish. This can cause several problematic issues for surrounding teeth and the entire mouth. The titanium posts used with dental implants prevent this from occurring.
- Appearance. Most single dental implants are completed with a porcelain crown. Porcelain is unquestionably the best material for fabricating replacement teeth. Porcelain is strong and resistant to staining and wear. It is also nearly identical to the shade and luminescence of natural teeth.
Thanks to technological advances in the field of dentistry, there is simply no reason for you to live a life of pain or discomfort. Single dental implants provide an unparalleled choice for restoring both the natural look and feel of your smile. They do not require any special cleaning other than brushing or flossing, and most patients cannot tell the difference between the feel of implants and their natural teeth. Dr. Harrell has years of experience in helping patients replace their teeth, and is committed to giving you the best results possible. If you are ready to smile, eat and speak with confidence once again, call (704) 541-9888 or email Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne today to schedule a free, no-obligation smile consultation with Dr. Harrell. During your consultation a complimentary digital smile preview (an $85 value) will be created to show how you will look when your treatment is complete.