“Smile. It will make you feel better. I promise.”
I always knew I wanted to go into dentistry. So how did I know? When I was a kid I was fascinated with how things worked. I loved working with my hands, so I used to take things apart, lots of things. First toys, then computers, and finally cars. I am also very artistic and have dabbled with art all my life. But I knew my career would have to include my love for people and getting to know them. So for me, dentistry was the perfect fit for my mechanical mind needing artistic expression, all while working with people.
As a native of North Carolina, I did my training at the dental school in Chapel Hill. But after dental school, there is no required residency or post-graduate program. So, I decided to join the U.S. Public Health Service as a commissioned officer and headed to New Mexico to work in a dental clinic on the Navajo reservation. I got several years worth of experience and knowledge in the short year that I was there. My wife Lisa, who is a dental hygienist, and I returned to Charlotte to start Adult Dentistry of Ballantyne in 1999. And, a few years later we started our family. Lisa and I are blessed to have 3 beautiful children who make life an incredibly busy and fun-filled ride. I hope one day to have one of my children come join me in the practice of dentistry. That’s a few years down the road, so we’ll have to wait and see.
Along the way I have taken the time to study with many or the great minds and hands in dentistry such as Dawson, Misch, Strupp, and Spears just to name a few. Continuing my education is something that is extremely important to me. I typically take 3-4 times the required amount of continuing education annually. But having performed thousands and thousands of cosmetic procedures, I have the experience to stand out from the crowd. I truly love practicing dentistry and my results speak for themselves.
I invite you to come in, sit down, share your problems, and have a chat about how we can help you. Then decide for yourself if I am the right dentist for you.
Qualifications & Interests
- BA: Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- DDS: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Dentistry, 1996
- Commissioned Lieutenant: US Public Health Service, 1996-1997
- Member: American Dental Association, North Carolina Dental Society, Charlotte Dental Society, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Advanced Training: Advanced Prosthetic Reconstruction, Cosmetic Smile Design, Porcelain Veneers, Dental Implant Surgery and Prosthetics
- Licensure: North Carolina and South Carolina
- Hobbies and Interests: My family, travel, photography